– The L Word Book: A photographic journal by Jennifer Beals had come out earlier this year and it had been a tremendous success for a self-published on-line book. According to ColorCentric Corporation, the first day it became available the book had sold over 800 copies. For those who did not buy it yet, what are you waiting for? The book is fabulous. You can order it here: http://www.lwordbook.com/order-books. The personalized version of the book is still not available but you can also purchase 23 original prints of some of the photographs that appeared in the book. You can read my short review of the book here http://bit.ly/coVkK2
– Jennifer’s latest independent film “A Night For Dying Tigers”, will premiere September 10, 2010 at the Toronto International Film Festival. Check the trailer herehttp://vimeo.com/14277588
– Jennifer reprised her role as Zoe Landau on the second season of “Lie to Me” and appeared in three episodes. The DVD will be released November 9, 2010. The show was picked up for a third season, which will premiere on November 10, 2010 on Fox.
– Jennifer’s Hallmark Original Movie “The Night Before the Night Before Christmas”, is set to premiere on Hallmark Channel on November 20, 2010. It’s a “whimsical tale of a family trying to save the annual tradition.”
– The most exciting news in Jennifer Beals’ acting career is her leading role in Shawn Ryan’s “Ride-Along” that is scheduled for a mid-season release on Fox (January/February 2011 on Mondays).
“The city of Chicago is a paradox that serves as the setting for RIDE-ALONG, a new drama from Shawn Ryan (“The Shield,” “The Unit”). During a ride-along, a civilian spends a shift in the passenger seat of a squad car, observing the work day of a police officer. But in this series, the audience is the passenger, taking an unpredictable ride through the streets of Chicago and navigating crime and corruption with the most respected – and notorious – cops in the city.” Jennifer plays TERESA COLVIN who “arrived at the pinnacle of the Chicago Police Department in a short period of time. She’s determined to implement changes before the mud that is Chicago politics clogs her office. As a result of Teresa’s difficult choices, she has made some powerful enemies along the way, including two street gangs, the police officers’ union and a city alderman who proves to be a dangerous adversary.” (http://bit.ly/b59Xbh)
– Other exciting news for Jennifer’s fans is her second appearance at L8 Convention in Brighton, UK in March 2011. She will be joined by Janina Gavankar, Clementine Ford, Kate French and Erin Daniels.